Last updated: November 20, 2015
Your privacy is very important to us, and we want to be upfront about how and when we use your personal details. The long and short of it is: we’re good people. We collect personal information mainly to make your experience with us as excellent as possible, and we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement, as updated from time to time. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at privacy@getScreen.com
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Links to Other Websites, Apps and Services
Our websites and other Services may contain links to other third party websites, apps and services of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over such third party services. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites and services, and they are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement(s) applicable to the third party sites and services in question.
Collection of Your Information
We collect or receive information about your interactions with us. Depending on how you use our Services, your information may include, without limitation (about you and/or each end user in your family or group):
- registration-related information (such as names, ages, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, registered devices, information imported from social log in permissions granted to us, etc.);
- information about usage (time spent, content viewed, screenshots, preferred and blocked content and apps, etc.)
- information about the Services that you use, how frequently you use them, and your responses to the offerings and advertisements presented or made available by us;
- information about the searches you perform on our websites or in our other Services and how you use the results of those searches;
- transaction-related information (such as credit card or other preferred means of payment, billing information, or a history of purchases through our Services);
- customer service information about you as a user of our Services;
- location data;
- information about any devices, connections and methods used to access and interact with us; or
- other information specifically related to your use of Services, including information that you publicly post using tools made available by us.
Your information may be supplemented with additional information from other companies such as publicly available information, information about households, and other information that we may append or match to your information.
We may also receive or collect certain technical information when you use our Services. This may include: your browser or operating system, your manner of connecting to the Internet and the name of your Internet service provider or wireless carrier; your Internet protocol (IP) address; information about referring websites or services (websites you used immediately prior to using our websites or other Services; exiting websites or services (immediately after using our website or other Services); and data relating to malfunctions or problems occurring when you use our Services. Additionally, we may collect information about other software on your device for the limited purpose of protecting your security or improving your online experience.
How Your Information may be used
Your information may be used for purposes that include without limitation:
- to operate and improve the Services available through us;
- to send alerts and manage the Services;
- to personalize the content and advertisements provided to you (including to present offers to you on behalf of business partners and advertisers);
- to fulfill your requests for tools, software, functionality, features and other products, and services;
- to communicate with you and respond to your inquiries;
- to conduct research about your use of our products; and
- to help offer you other products, features, or services that may be of interest.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, publicly and with our partners like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our websites and/or other products or services.
The contents of your online communications, as well as other information about you as a user of our Services, may be accessed and disclosed under the following circumstances: in response to lawful governmental requests or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena), in other circumstances in which we have a good faith belief that a crime has been or is being committed by a user of our Services, that an emergency exists that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person, when necessary either to protect our rights or property, or for us to render the service you have requested.
Many of our Services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, others besides us have access to it, and it may be indexable by search engines, or copied, forwarded, saved or archived by others.
Our offerings may include features or functionalities provided by third parties. In the process of providing such functionalities within our services, your browser may automatically send certain technical information to the third party provider. The use of these third-party provided features or functionalities is subject to their own privacy policies. For example, without limitation, we may use a third party for ad serving, retargeting, remarketing, and/or for analytics, in which case, such third party may have access to your data, subject to their policies. If and to the extent from time to time we use Double Click or another Google brand for ad serving, analytics, remarketing, retargeting, etc., you can set certain preferences and opt outs using Google Ads Settings, and Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs.
Business partners or other third parties may receive data about groups of our users, but, except as otherwise permitted herein, do not receive information that personally identifies you. We may use agents and contractors in order to help operate our Services. Their use of information is limited to these purposes, except as otherwise permitted herein.
In the event that ownership of us was to change as a result of a merger, acquisition, or transfer to another company, your information may be transferred. If such a transfer results in a material change in the use of your information, you will be provided notice (which may be via updates to this page) about the choices you have to decline to permit such a transfer.
We do not currently honor “Do Not Track” requests.
Display of Advertising
Your information may be used for the presentation of advertisements. We may use ad networks to customize and display advertising on our Services. We may share certain information about you as a user (such as age, zip code, or other information we have collected or received) with certain ad network and service providers to help them deliver more relevant content and advertisements through their networks. We may from time to time work with other companies for certain services such as analytics or advertising, and you may be subject to their privacy policies as well, though you may opt out through them directly or contact us with questions.
Your Choices about Your Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website or our other Services, consider what information to include and exclude; in addition, sometimes there may be a box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- We may provide you with access to your registration information and the ability to edit this information in your account settings dashboard and profile pages. Please be aware that even after you delete or update information within our Services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems. Similarly, if and to the extent any information is indexable by search engines (such as, without limitation, public profile information), it may not be updated by such search engines when we update it, and old versions may be archived by them or by third parties outside our control.
- Some of our Services may provide you with additional information and choices about your privacy, which you should review.
- f you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us using the contact information below.
Our Commitment to Security
Children under legal age for contractual consent should not register, or should only register with the consent of a parent or guardian. Although visitors of all ages may navigate through our website, and/or use our Services, we do not intentionally collect personal information from persons under the age of thirteen, except to the extent authorized by you. If you are signing up for our Services, you represent and warrant that you are an adult, with full authority to enter this agreement, and we are relying on you to have, and you hereby represent and warrant to us that you have, the authority to give us proper consent on behalf of any children you invite to use the Service, and you hereby give that consent. If following a notification by a parent or guardian, or discovery by other means, that a child under thirteen has improperly registered with us or signed up for any Services by using false information, we will immediately cancel the child's account and delete the child's personally identifiable information from our records. It is your responsibility to use the Services in compliance with all applicable laws and privacy regulations and to obtain any necessary consents and approvals from other users to use the Services on their devices or on shared devices.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognize your device the next time you visit. We use the term “cookies” in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way. There are many functions cookies serve. For example, they can help us to remember your username and preferences, analyze how well the Website is performing, or even allow us to recommend content we believe will be most relevant to you. Certain cookies contain personal information – for example, if you click to “remember me” when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies will not collect information that identifies you, but will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use the Website.
What sort of cookies do you use?
Our cookies perform several different functions, including, e.g.:
- Essential Cookies Some cookies are essential for the operation of the Services. If you opt to disable these cookies, you will not be able to access or use all of the features that the Service incorporates.
- Performance Cookies We use other cookies to help us understand how our visitors use the Services, and help us monitor and improve performance. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular or figure out why some pages are displaying error messages.
- Functionality Cookies We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, cookies save you the trouble of typing in your username every time you use the Services, and recall your customization preferences such as geographical location.
- Targeting Cookies These cookies record your visit to our Services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may use this information to customize the Services with more interesting content for you, and we may also share this information with trusted partners. The information that is shared is anonymous and not confidential.
We do use or allow third parties to serve cookies that fall into the three categories above. For example, like many companies, we use Google Analytics to help us monitor our traffic. We may also use third party cookies to help us with market research, revenue tracking, improving site functionality and monitoring compliance with our terms and conditions. Our third-party vendors may use their own cookies and other third-party cookies together (as described further under the section titled “Cookies”) to (a) inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Services and other websites, and (b) report to us how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our website and Services. We sometimes advertise on third party websites, and we may allow our trusted advertising partners to place targeting cookies so that we can provide more interesting content.
Can you block cookies?
As we have explained above, cookies help you to get the most out of the Website. However, if you do wish to disable cookies then you can do so by amending the settings within your browser or mobile device.
Please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of the Website do not work properly.
How to Contact Us